Monster Hunter is set in a massive, sublime land where humans and monsters co-exist. You play the role of an up-and-coming hunter, who must accomplish various quests to achieve glory and help the residents of their village survive.
Hunters will track monsters, set traps, and either capture or slay a variety of majestic monsters. When a monster is slain, the hunter can carve off their horns, scales and bones, which can be used to create a huge variety of weapons and armor. These items can be bought or crafted by giving the village blacksmith materials and a fee.
Using Wii to its fullest, showcasing beautiful graphics and a dynamic ecosystem, Monster Hunter Tri allows for unparalleled co-op gameplay, both on and offline. Hunt with up to four players online or two players offline in arena mode. Also, in Arena mode, you’ll have the ability to save your character’s information to the Wii Remote directly so you’re always ready to play at a friend’s house!
Do you have the courage to hunt the monsters that roam your world? It won’t be easy – the monsters are strong and numerous. Yet by hunting together with friends, or braving it solo with your ChaCha Fighting Companions, there is no monster that cannot be defeated. Sharpen your favorite weapon and invite your friends, hunting season is about to begin...
• Hunt Together: In the hunt, you’re never alone. Hunt together with up to 4 players online or take on arena quests with 2-player split-screen action. In single-player mode, you even have the ability to hunt with AI-controlled characters named ChaCha.
• Monsters with Unique Abilities and Attacks: Monsters have unique and dynamic personalities, abilities and defenses, increasing in complexity as the player progresses. They camouflage themselves to ambush hunters, but will flee or call for help if outmatched.
• Immense Living, Breathing World with Ecosystem: Monsters interact amongst each other in a living breathing ecosystem, complete with food chain. Monsters have stamina, migrate and even attack one another, the strong feeding on the weak.
• New Underwater Maps: For the first time ever in any Monster Hunter game, you will be able explore land and sea and hunt monsters of the deep.
• Fully Customizable Equipment: With seven weapon categories – including the all-new Switch Axe – and new armor and weaponry created from the remains of slain monsters, there are almost limitless opportunities for equipment customization.
• Choice of Controls: Play with either the Wii Remote and Nunchuk, with the Classic Controller or Classic Controller Pro
As of May 20, 2014, the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection service for Nintendo DSi and Wii systems has been retired. Online features of this game are no longer available after this date but this game still provides an entertaining experience in offline mode.
To learn more about this service change, please visit To learn more about this service change, please visit support.nintendo.com/servicesupdate.